This is not an anti-BYU post. I have come to accept and enjoy my life here in Provo, Utah (something I never thought would happen). There are a lot of wonderful things about this school that I would have missed out on if I had stayed at Utah State.
Six Things about USU that BYU needs
5. Poetry & A Beverage: This is an event that I really loved and regret never having the guts to participate. I love how chill it was, how legit the performances were, how outrageous some performances were, the delicious coco and wonderful company on many a late evenings in the TSC.
4. Lunch For A Buck: Seriously. I ate so much better at USU. Lunch for a buck was delish and kept alive during finals. I also miss the Marv & Joe offered at the Hub. So good! I have started making them at home because I miss them so much. Hooray for walking tacos!
3. Test Vending Machines: Why don't they have these at BYU??? I have tests at 7:00am but the Twilight Zone doesn't open until 8:00 and my classroom is another 10 minutes away. There are vending machines all over campus, it would be very easy to just put a few blue books in them. Throw us a bone Samuelson!
2. Quadside Cafe/Library: I LOVE. L.O.V.E. LOOOOOOVE the USU library. It is gorgeous and there are so many windows! It is an art form. I never truly appreciated that library until I came to the old, smelly, dark HBLL. Also I loved the smell of the USU library (it smelled like coffee from the cafe so I don't expect BYU to fulfill this wish) and it was so comforting. But how awesome was it to have a cafe in the front of the library with soup, cold sandwiches, paninis, coco, drinks...etc. I love that USU actually believes its students are adults and won't run in to the computer section and pour soda all over the key board. The NOSH is a total joke. They say you can have food in there but I totally got kicked out for having a Jamba. Oh, Quadside Cafe how I miss you! I also miss Saturday morning cartoons in the big viewing room where we could bring cold cereal and watch classic old toons with other Aggies.
(I couldn't find a great pic but here is just one side, look at all the windows!!!)
1. Natalie Bliss: I seriously miss my Logan friends. I need more girlfriends in my life. Big Spoon and SJ Lost date nights are sorely, sorely missed.