4.21.2011

Margo Catts

We had such a great weekend last week! It is my mother-in-law's birthday today so we surprised her with a trip to Utah since we don't get to see them very often. We surprised Margo with this video (which we thought was hilarious but I'm sure no one else will). Danny and I got to spend Friday morning/afternoon with the folks just hanging around at the house, walking the new beautiful parkway at BYU and eating at Guru's. We spent some time in SLC at sister Cheryl's house eating (we went to this Middle Eastern place that I did not love at all, I have the palate of a 5 year-old so sue me), playing games, dancing, laughing and just having a really wonderful time together. I also made a cake (okay it was awesome, you dragged it out of me) big enough to serve the army and we only ate about 1/8th of it but Danny finished eating it within three days.







 We had a coupon....
 A camera can't even capture Cheryl's sweet dance moves

My awesome cake :)

A few weeks ago in Relief Society we were talking about the things we are most grateful for. The teacher asked us to pick the thing we would miss most if we lost it. Of course, I thought of Danny. Then she asked us to think about the person that gave us that thing and then try to remeber if we ever thanked them for it. I thought of Margo. Danny talks about his mom so much. When we talk about our future family he talks about how his mom did things or funny stories he loves about her or what an incredible teacher she is. In the morning Danny loves to get a blanket and sit by the furnace and let the blanket fill with warm air. He always sits while I get ready for school and at least once every few weeks he tells me the story about his mom putting the blow dryer on his face and smiling at him when he was a little boy when she would get ready for church. He loved that. He loves her. I hope I can be as good of a mom as she was. I have yet to thank her for giving me the most precious and loved thing in my life. I haven't thanked her for giving me the most amazing husband I could ever ask for.
"A grateful heart, then, comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. This requires conscious effort—at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude. Often we feel grateful and intend to express our thanks but forget to do so or just don’t get around to it. Someone has said that “feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -Pres.Monson
 Thank you Margo, for giving me my entire world. We love you!

1 comment :

{ c & p mcnulty } said...

Loving your cute short hair!! I'm wanting my cut so badly right now...!! Hope all is well :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...